Makes 8 servings
2 cups of sugar
2 cups of cannabis simple syrup* (or 1-1/5 cups of cannabis honey)
4 cups cranberries (about 1 lb.)
1 tablespoon of orange zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup orange liqueur or orange juice
Combine and bring sugar and cannabis simple syrup to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. Boil the syrup for five minutes, add the cranberries. Simmer the cranberries in syrup gently, uncovered and without stirring until berries are translucent, about 5 minutes. Skim off the foam and add orange zest. Pour berries into a large bowl that has been rinsed in cold water. Chill until firm and serve cold.
RECIPE FOR CANNABIS SIMPLE SYRUP OR HONEY
Need to sweeten your drink or other liquids but want to give it a medicinal kick while you’re at it? Infusing simple sugar syrups or honey with cannabis is as easy as making tea…a very slooooooooow-brewed tea.
*DIRECTIONS FOR CANNABIS SIMPLE SYRUP OR HONEY:
1. For each ounce of cannabis, use 5 to 10 cups of simple syrup
(or 5 lbs. of honey).
2. After removing the stems and seeds from your cannabis, grind or chop it and set aside.
3. Mix sugar and water at a ratio of 2 cups sugar for every cup of water. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium heat until achieving desired consistency of syrup.
4. Add ground or chopped cannabis and simple syrup into crockpot.
5. Cook the syrup up to 24 hours to get as much THC into the
mixture as possible.
8. Strain out the cannabis by pouring mixture through a fine sieve and then pour your syrup into mason jars for storage away from light.
9. To get even more out of your simple syrup by packing in extra flavor, try adding chopped ginger, peppercorns, mint, or basil. Start with a cup and experiment with more or less depending on your taste preferences.
COOKING TIP: Honey is 20% sweeter than sugar, so use less honey when substituting for sugar.
*Please remember that when cooking with medicinal cannabis you are cooking with a drug and the amounts of the drug and portions of the food ingested should always be taken into consideration. Always start out with small portions or doses and wait 30 minutes to an hour before eating any additional portions of food prepared with medical marijuana.